Taoglas launches the FXP.611 Cloud, a GPS/GLONASS passive flexible loop antenna that outperforms active patches
High efficiency at 80% and 3dBi gain, coupled with unique detuning design brings OEM advantages to new GPS/GLONASS antenna.
DistribuTECH, SAN DIEGO, CA – Taoglas USA, Inc, a leading provider of antenna solutions to the M2M and connected device market, today launched the FXP.611 Cloud, a GPS/GLONASS flexible loop antenna that outperforms most active patch antennas with an efficiency of 80% and a peak gain of 3dBi across the GPS and GLONASS bands (1575 to 1610Mhz). This antenna has a unique ability to resist external detuning effects due to dual resonance and has a small form factor of 38x37x0.1mm. This peel and stick, flexible loop antenna is suitable for any GPS/GLONASS M2M device.
“We’ve been blown away by the performance of this linear polarized AGPS GLONASS antenna,” said Dermot O’Shea, director at Taoglas. “Before we developed the FXP.611 Cloud, we had only seen this kind of performance from active patch antennas. We ran a drive test in downtown San Diego and were surprised by the real-time performance and first time to fix from cold-start of this passive loop, particularly in urban canyons where you expect active patches to out perform.”
OEMs will reap many advantages from using the FXP.611 in any assisted GPS/GLONASS application for industrial handheld devices, tablets and smart-phones. The patent-pending FXP.611 Cloud antenna
- Eliminates the need for a filter or low noise amplifier (LNA) so, can connect directly to a module or to a connector on a board.
- Offers a simple “peel and stick” mounting with 3M tape that can be attached to plastic device housings freeing up board space.
- Costs half the price of active patch antennas.
- Incorporates a unique detuning design with dual resonance.
- Radiates power uniformly with an omnidirectional design, making it suitable for use in devices that do not have fixed positions.
The FXP.611 Cloud antenna is available for purchase immediately from Taoglas by contacting email@example.com and online later in Q1, 2013 with Taoglas distributors.