Prasad Diwakar is the Country Manager for Taoglas Operations in India. In his role, he oversees Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Contract Manufacturing, Quality, Logistics and supports HR, Finance, Legal, and Compliance.
Why did you choose to work at Taoglas?
It is said – show me your friends and I can tell your character. Likewise, I say, “Show me your colleagues and I can tell you about your organization.” Undoubtedly, I do have the best colleagues, and we all make a great organization. In addition, there is flexibility in work, ideas are supported & you are encouraged to take them forward!
How has Taoglas supported you in your career?
Taoglas has helped to bring out the best in me in all areas – technical, legal & management. I am enjoying every bit of it and learning something new every day.
What motivates you at work?
Complete freedom to work within the set boundaries. And the team, from colleagues to executives, is absolutely approachable.
Before joining Taoglas, what other roles did you hold?
After my undergrad in Production Engineering, I was lucky to start my career with a highly reputed aerospace company in Mumbai. I have also spent considerable time on the shop floor, which helped me grasp the nuances of working on unknown material compositions and dealing with uncertainty. Later, with additional work experience and educational qualifications, I was business head & then country head for a few highly reputed U.S.-based companies.
How are we different from other companies?
A few things:
1. Taoglas is very diverse in product offerings, and releases many products each year.
2. Taoglas offers RF design & testing services that can incorporate our state-of-the-art MVG anechoic chamber. It’s one of the most advanced chambers in India. Through our work, we can support customers with a faster “go to market” for their next-gen technologies & products.
3. Taoglas cares about its employees and people, which is the most important thing.
4. The management is open to receiving feedback and to hearing and implementing new ideas.
What advice do you have for people just starting out in their career in your field?
1. Believe in yourself.
2. Give your best every time.
3. Ensure integrity, time & accuracy.
4. If you have to fail, fail fast and learn from it.
I am sure, if you follow these principles, success will follow you, instead of you chasing behind it.