NB-IoT Ceramic Antenna for Bands 5, 8 & 20
This NB-IoT ceramic antenna for bands 5, 8 & 20 celebrates the evolution of IoT connectivity, which has seen an urgent need for low power applications that can connect thousands of devices to the internet and Narrowband IoT (NBIoT). For a small compact embedded antenna, the Taoglas NCP.5820 will fit in many size challenged designs without performance compromises.
The NCP.5820 supports Bands 5 (824-894MHz), 8 (880-960MHz) and 20 (791-862MHz) providing global NB-IoT coverage and demonstrates excellent efficiency across all bands.
The tiny antenna measures just 14.1×8.3x2mm. As it is a surface mount antenna it can be easily integrated into even the smallest of devices. It allows device designers to take advantage of all of the benefits of NB-IoT technology, including reduced power consumption and increased battery life; increased system capacity and spectrum efficiency; and extended coverage in both rural and deep indoors environments all with a very small form factor.
Overall, this antenna is suitable for applications that need to meet the following requirements:
• Small footprint, low profile design
• SMT Components for assembly accuracy and reliability
• Excellent antenna efficiency helping to maintain better system gain and hence better device send and receive sensitivity (TRP & TIS)
• Excellent antenna efficiency to aid lower power consumption and increased battery life
• Global coverage for mobility and one global SKU
• 100% quality and performance testing prior to shipping for reliability and consistency
• Mechanical and environmental robustness across the lifetime of the device